Last Updated On 18-Feb-2024
Effective Date 18-Feb-2024
We collect various types of information when you use our website, including:
- Personal Information: This may include your name, email address, phone number, and other information you provide when you contact us or subscribe to our newsletter.
- Usage Data: This may include information about your browsing activity on our website, such as the pages you visit, the links you click, and the time you spend on each page.
- Device Information: This may include information about your device, such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, and language preferences.
How We Share Your Information:
We may also disclose your personal information for the following:
- to comply with applicable law, regulation, court order, or other legal process;
- to respond to claims that your use of the Service violates any third-party rights. If the Service or our company is merged or acquired with another company, your information will be one of the assets that is transferred to the new owner.
- Provide and operate the website.
- Send you newsletters and marketing materials (with your consent).
- Improve the website and your experience.
- Serve you targeted advertising (with your consent).
California residents have specific rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). You have the right to:
- Know what personal information that businesses collect, use, and disclose about consumers.
- Request deletion of consumer’s personal information that a business has collected.
- Opt out of the sale of consumer’s personal information from such businesses.
- To exercise your CCPA rights, please contact us using the official email [email protected]
If you are located in the European Union, you have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). You have the right to:
- Access your personal information.
- Rectify inaccurate personal information.
- Erase your personal information.
- Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object to the processing of your personal information.
- Data portability.
- To exercise your GDPR rights, please contact us using our official email.
Our website may contain links to third-party websites and services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of any third-party websites or services you visit.
Depending on the law that applies, you may have a right to access and rectify or erase your data or receive a copy of your data, restrict or object to the active processing of your data, ask us to share (port) your personal information to another entity, withdraw any consent you provided to us to process your data, a right to complain with statutory authority and such other rights as may be relevant under applicable laws.
To exercise these rights, you can write to us at [email protected]. We will respond to your request in accordance with applicable law. Do note that if you do not allow us to collect or process the required personal information or withdraw the consent to process the same for the required purposes, you may not be able to access or use the services for which your information was sought.
The security of your information is important to us and we will use reasonable security measures to prevent the loss, misuse, or unauthorized alteration of your information under our control. However, given the inherent risks, we cannot guarantee absolute security and consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
Grievance / Data Protection Officer:
If you have any queries or concerns about the processing of your information that is available with us, you may email our Grievance Officer at Tidings Information, email: [email protected]. We will address your concerns in accordance with applicable law.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who do we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users who register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights do you have over your data?
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we must keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where your data is sent
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.